P.O. Box 740130
Arvada, CO 80006
ultimate goal for all homeless families accepted into the CHF Program
is self-sufficiency. CHF provides the following services:
Families selected by CHF must demonstrate a willingness to help themselves, have specific goals and show initiative towards improving their financial and social situations.
All families are held accountable to their Case manager, must attend
Support Group meetings and monthly Educational Seminars, attend counseling
sessions as needed, work with their case manager and do community service
each month. All parents are required to contribute 60 hours of assigned
community service annually to CHF or other approved organizations.
In 2004, residents donated 6,180 hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Colorado Homeless Families (CHF) is a community of homeless families with the initiative to help themselves. They must be willing to volunteer their time and/or talents back into the community to help others.
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. Have a good referral from a reputable person or organization.
2. Have four (4) good character references.
3. Have good work history.
4. Show initiative and provide a list of future goals.
5. Families with children at risk of being homeless or actually homeless, (living in cars, shelters, or in places not designed for human habitation). This transitional housing program is on a month-to-month basis, evaluated by progress toward self-sufficiency.
6. Must have a qualified sponsor who will give personal support to the applicant and have adequate income to guarantee their rent in case of an emergency.
7. Be willing to live by the Colorado Homeless Families transitional housing lease and the Policies and Procedures.
8. No Pets
This is an application process. The head of the household should call the CHF Office (303-420-6634) and will have a phone interview with the In-Take person, and if you qualify, an application will be mailed out to you. As soon as the application is received back in the CHF office, the references will be checked, if all check out, you will be called for an interview.
Note: all qualified applicants will be interviewed by staff members
and the executive director. Entrance into the CHF program is not guaranteed
following the interview process, but is pending on decision of the
staff and availability of housing.
Our Mission: to provide transitional housing and supportive services for homeless families with children in the
Metro Denver area (7 counties) and to help them become self-sufficient within 18 months to two years.